[fw-wiz] RE: CERT vulnerability note VU# 539363

From: Stephen Gill (gillsrat_private)
Date: Wed Oct 16 2002 - 20:44:41 PDT

    Indeed!  The dest-ip option would only be used in certain circumstances,
    and generally to protect the whole (firewall) at the sacrifice of a few
    (a single rule).

    If you are referring to ScreenOS 4.0 I'd wait until 4.0.0r4 comes out.
    It will fix another vulnerability as well as a few bugs.  It should be
    out any day now.  Stability?  It probably depends on your platform...
    I'm fairly comfortable with it, and if there's a problem you can always
    report it and usually bug fixes are pretty quick.

    Cheers,
    -- steve