Re: Increase in Sun RPC Scans

From: Hugo van der Kooij (hvdkooijat_private)
Date: Tue Apr 24 2001 - 10:26:31 PDT

    On Tue, 24 Apr 2001, Kevin Jackson wrote:

    > If you trace it back -- and even telnet to the address of the "offending"
    > machine then you will see they are running Red Hat linux... and oh yes --
    > that particular distro are affected by a number of "features" aka Ramen
    > and/or Lion.

    Other systems were also affected. I noticed that about 50% are Red Hat
    Linux machines and most of them running the standard Apache/Red Hat
    webpage. But also unconfigured Raq systems and other systems.

    I guess the number tells you more about the relative proliferation among
    cluesless sysadmins and the total number of clueless sysadmins.

    Hugo.

    --
    Alle email aan mij verzonden is gebonden aan de regels beschreven op mijn homepage.
    All email send to me is bound to the rules described on my homepage.

        hvdkooijat_private		http://hvdkooij.xs4all.nl/

    	    for they are subtle and quick to anger.