Re: Sun RPC Scans, Port 111/530/32k, slow scans

From: Philipp Stucke (philipp.stucke@T-ONLINE.DE)
Date: Wed Apr 25 2001 - 08:39:44 PDT

    Hi,

    >Port 530 is not known particurlarly known  to me,
    >but it`s one for sure a
    >pretty often occuring RPC service on some
    >platform. Or it's a backdoor.
    >Haven't seen this until now.
    >Maybe someone here of the audience can give us a clue.

    This is the port created by a snmpXdmid exploit for Solaris it if was
    a successfull attack, so I assume they are just scanning if someone
    already exploitet this hole but not returned yet.

    See the message from Ryan Russel "Carko/snmpXdmid Analysis v1.0"
    in this list for an analysis of the exploit.

    Regards, Philipp