Re: What "methods" are being used

From: McCammon, Keith (Keith.McCammonat_private)
Date: Wed May 02 2001 - 10:53:50 PDT

    Just judging by the submissions to this list, as well as security and
    administrative newsgroups I'd say that the ol' IIS Unicode attack is out in
    force.  It's one of the easiest (which the children like), fastest (the
    children are impatient), and most effective (unlike some exploits, it
    doesn't require that a lot of conditions exist...other than a lazy admin).
    The most embarrassing part, as usual, is that it takes about 30 seconds to
    correct.

    I've also been noticing a large number of anonymous FTP checks in the last
    two days.

    MTC