Re: What "methods" are being used

From: Kurt Seifried (bugtraqat_private)
Date: Wed May 02 2001 - 12:34:02 PDT

    At a guess the MS-SQL sa account with no password is being used. A few weeks
    ago I needed to test Cerberus Information scanner, but I didn't not have a
    MS-SQL server, so I pointed it at the first few NT machines I could find
    online (cohosted machines) and whaddya know, the first 3 I scanned had the
    vulnerability (the funny thing is contacting the ISP and telling them it was a
    problem took around a half hour and several emails including links to MS's
    site to convince them it was a problem). Face it, to deface websites often
    requires little or no skill, simply download a tool, point and crack.

    Kurt Seifried