Re: Strange email

From: Greg Owen (gowenat_private)
Date: Wed May 16 2001 - 15:00:08 PDT

    > I received this email today.  The headers show it being sent from a
    machine
    > in Korea.  Everything in the headers is forged, but I just can't figure
    out
    > what the motive is behind it.  Also, at the end of the email, there was a
    > gif and I included the embedded html link.  Has anyone else seen this?
    > have munged the IP's.

        I got one too.  Since it contained correct public information, I
    confirmed it, and didn't even think to check the headers or see the link.
    Excellent catch on your part.

        Can anyone think of a motive for verifying public info?  Where's the
    gain?  Perhaps admins will feel like helping out by listing any other blocks
    they're responsible for, thus providing a neat network map?

    --
            gowen -- Greg Owen -- gowenat_private
            79A7 4063 96B6 9974 86CA  3BEF 521C 860F 5A93 D66D