Re: Hiding the source of the web server scan

From: Hugo van der Kooij (hvdkooijat_private)
Date: Thu May 17 2001 - 22:49:46 PDT

    So you run the webservers for www.intel.com and/or www.yahoo.com?

    > The port scan itself is of course detected by my perimeter security, the web
    > server log I presume always logs that the source was www.intel.com.

    Wrong assumption. The Host: www.intel.com line is to indicate the virtual
    server you want to reach with the get command.

    Sounds like someone is trying to use your website as a proxy.

    Hugo.

    --
    All email send to me is bound to the rules described on my homepage.
        hvdkooijat_private		http://hvdkooij.xs4all.nl/