Canned scan...part 2

From: gattacaat_private
Date: Fri May 18 2001 - 18:37:42 PDT

    Well, I guess I was a bit unclear. Thanks to all for your collective input
    on what the ports were (ie 31337, and 10008). I was however aware of them.
    The point I was wondering about was if this particular scan was a canned
    exploit, could it take another step if it were to successfull? If so then
    maybe someone has identified some artifacts. I would doubt that this was
    someone just messing around with nmap as it was the same scan pattern at
    different times from different address spaces from multiple addresses around
    the globe (NOT synchronized and vs. different machines on several different
    networks). If this was a scripted exploit then that could potentially be
    identified then a rule could be written for SHADOW, Snort, NetRanger et
    cetera.

    At any rate thanks for your input.
    cheers,
    gattaca