Detected Linux LPRng autorooter

From: Arthur Donkers (arthurat_private)
Date: Sun May 20 2001 - 01:02:35 PDT

    Hi All,

    Today we encountered a LPRng autorooter for Linux. It attacked our honeypot
    and we were able to capture it. The program is called alpd and it creates
    a basic shell backdoor. It also contains a built in scanner for scanning
    new victims.

    Arthur

    --
    /* Disclaimer :   you hire my skills, not my opinions, those are mine !    */
    /* email : arthurat_private    Security    'Me ? I'm not me ! I'm just a   */