Re: Timing of DoS and Intrusion attempts.

From: Valdis.Kletnieksat_private
Date: Tue May 29 2001 - 07:17:25 PDT

    On Mon, 28 May 2001 10:48:17 EDT, Patrick Andry <pandryat_private>  said:
    > 	Assuming we can find some form of correlation between the time of
    > the attack on both the target computer and the source computer, the possible

    Remember to remove automated tools from your correlation.  A *large* percentage
    of the hacking activity these days seems to be various worms and automated
    scanners, which can be doing their work even while the perpetrator is asleep
    or otherwise engaged...

    --
    				Valdis Kletnieks
    				Operating Systems Analyst