Re: ISP Filtering (Survey of Sorts)

From: Kath (kathat_private)
Date: Thu May 31 2001 - 16:45:41 PDT

    A lot of cable companies have a "good neighbor policy" which blocks ports
    137:139 across their network to prevent idiots who have file and print
    sharing enabled to be exploited easily through Network Neighborhood etc.

    I work at a DSL company and when I go in tomorrow I'll ask one of the head
    techs if we filter 137:139 or any ports at all.

    - Kath