Re: How to stop a consistent cracker.

From: Norbert Bollow (nbat_private)
Date: Sat Jun 09 2001 - 14:22:11 PDT

    Yotam Rubin <yotamat_private> wrote:

    > How can one stop this malicious user? Is it even possible when nobody is
    > willing to cooperate? Even while writing this letter, this guy is DoS'ing me
    > from 152.15.21.19.

    Hmm... I suppose it should be possible to ask your country's
    embassy to the USA to help you with getting the FBI to take
    some action.

    The other option IMHO would be to not bother about prosecuting,
    but rather harden your computer systems sufficiently that
    whatevery the cracker tries, he can neither break it nor DOS
    them.  Then is is no longer interesting for the cracker, and
    eventually he will give up on you.

    Greetings, Norbert.

    Tel +41 1 972 20 59     Fax +41 1 972 20 69      nbat_private