RE: I am a Fool HOW-TO [was: grc attacks]

From: Barbara (essenceat_private)
Date: Tue Jun 12 2001 - 14:49:18 PDT

    Hello

    I've been watching this thread very closely, and maybe I can shed a bit of
    light on grc article.
    When I first read it , it was like WOW I've seen these kids doing this,
    maybe I can help.
    So I tried to contact grc, some of the other people I work with on the
    DALnet Exploits Prevention Team also have tried. Not even 1 response.

    These children like Drgreen,wicked and his other friends are just a few that
    continue to infect mostly badly configured cable boxes. I could name off
    about 5 different private IRC servers right now that hide 100's of hosts
    that they use to continually attack our IRC servers and users. (hosts have
    been notified btw)

    I've worked on these types of problems for almost 6 yrs now and I am also a
    member of DALnet's Exploit Prevention Team. We work closely with the
    authorities such as the FBI, RCMP's,ISP's and anyone else who are willing to
    help. We have been very successful with a few abusive users which you can
    read about at www.dal.net/news or http://zine.dal.net/issue10/exploits.html.

    Anyways.. that's my two cents. The best prevention is a good anti-virus
    program and education IMO.

    Please feel free to contact me privately

    Barbara
    DALnet Exploit Prevention Team
    barbaraat_private