UDP flood of one of my mashines

From: Alexander Newald (alexat_private)
Date: Mon Jun 18 2001 - 03:05:06 PDT

    Hello,

    on the 15. of June on of my mashines got hit by a udp flood.

    As I only log one entry per host per secound I only can tell that I had
    1704 logentries and 457 diffrent source ip's in 5 minutes starting from
    9:21 cest ending 9:34 cest. All was udp traffic with source port 7 and
    dest ports 326,21645,32390,58619 with most hit 21645.

    As the list of all the source mashines is a bit too long to post by mail I
    put it on one of my webservers:

    http://www.newald.de/udp_flood_15.6.2001.txt

    The most important thing I like to know is: Wy these ports? Or does this
    only be a try to dos the bandwidth?

    Thanks,

    Alexander Newald

    Alexander Newald                                       alexanderat_private
    Wunstorfer Strasse 72                                        www.newald.de
    30453 Hannover
    Germany