Re: UDP flood of one of my mashines

From: Hugo van der Kooij (hvdkooijat_private)
Date: Mon Jun 18 2001 - 13:10:46 PDT

    On Mon, 18 Jun 2001, Alexander Newald wrote:

    > on the 15. of June on of my mashines got hit by a udp flood.
    >
    > As I only log one entry per host per secound I only can tell that I had
    > 1704 logentries and 457 diffrent source ip's in 5 minutes starting from
    > 9:21 cest ending 9:34 cest. All was udp traffic with source port 7 and
    > dest ports 326,21645,32390,58619 with most hit 21645.

    The ports seem random and irrelevant. The source port is 7 and you are
    just getting the backwash. UDP port 7 is the echo port.

    It may be a portscan using your IP adres as (one of the) faked source
    address.

    Hugo.

    --
    All email send to me is bound to the rules described on my homepage.
        hvdkooijat_private		http://hvdkooij.xs4all.nl/