Strange stuff on logs, followed by reboot

From: Rafael Coninck Teigao (rafaelat_private)
Date: Mon Jun 18 2001 - 12:58:44 PDT

    Hi, pp.
        I wonder what this is:
    >Jun 14 18:41:39 laura inetd[52]: unblessed/tcp: unknown service
    >Jun 14 18:41:39 laura inetd[52]: ntalk/udp: no such user 'tty', service

    >ignored

        The machine goes high and reboots, or hangs, just after these
    messages.

        Any ideas?

        []'s,
        RCT.

    "It is the flawed assumption that security mechanisms can be adequately provided
    in layers above the operating system. A perfect security application cannot make
    up for flawed or absent security features within the OS kernel. It is the
    classic example of building a castle on a swamp. You can build a strong
    fortress, but it makes no difference if it slowly sinks into the ground."
            route - Phrack Magazine Volume 8, Issue 54 Dec 25th, 1998, article 06