netbios scanning coming from IANA's internal class B...?

From: Jon Zobrist (kgbat_private)
Date: Fri Jun 22 2001 - 13:58:51 PDT

    I constantly recieve netbios scans from what appears to be IANA's internal
    class B...
    The scans aren't far apart and are from completely different addresses.
    Scanning them even while they're scanning me reveals no ICMP response, and
    no ports open (1-65535 scanned) which makes me think they're behind a
    firewall.
    Traceroutes die at my gateway....
    The IPs are all in 169.254.x.x
    Anyone have any insight into the weirdness of their network.. it's almost
    like it's a private non routable, but 2 things contradict that. First is,
    that it isn't (I think), second is that I've been scanned so many times.
    In fact, just now I was probed.

    -Jon