Re: Threat mail from russia (followup)

From: Bryan Allerdice (bryanat_private)
Date: Wed Jun 27 2001 - 17:46:37 PDT

    FYI:

    There is an article on this email on Security News Portal
    (http://www.securitynewsportal.com/print.php?sid=878).

    The article says that SecurityWatch believes that this email may contain a
    password capturing program of some sort. Security News Portal feels that
    this claim is bogus. Perhaps Bjorn Djupvik <Bjorn.Djupvikat_private>
    (who was the first to report the email to this list) can look at the source
    of the actual message his client received and put this claim to rest -
    password capturer or not.

    Personally I hate when some news provider makes claims without backing them
    up, since a few weeks later when CNN or someone gets wind of it, we'll have
    to listen to scary news stories about evil Russian hackers who are doing
    billions of dollars of damage or something. Agghhhhh.

    BRYAN