Re: Printer exploit?

From: Piotr Klaban (maklerat_private)
Date: Wed Jun 27 2001 - 23:32:07 PDT

    Me writes:
    > If you run the command 'telnet localhost printer' (printer == 515)
    > and write something - it would be logged with the similar message.
    I did not write 'telnet to printer', but 'telnet to localhost',
    and localhost can not be on the printer. It is a pity that I wrote
    such an advice at all.

    I've found almost your problem described at the address
    http://www.securiteam.com/exploits/5DQ0G000JA.html
    But there is written about garbage strings and that hard
    reset would help.

    Try to access the printer from the jetadmin or webjetadmin,
    and maybe upload the new printer information with the bootp.

    --
    Piotr Klaban

    and tracking system please see:

    http://aris.securityfocus.com