Re: results of informal poll: school/hacking

From: Justin Shore (macdaddyat_private)
Date: Thu Jun 28 2001 - 07:01:07 PDT

    If anything I've seen a massive increase in the number of probes this
    summer.  School's out.  Kids are home.  It's the 4th week of June and the
    kids are starting to get bored.  They don't get their bandwidth from the
    school.  They get their bandwidth at home.  Almost everyone has cable or
    DSL now.  Most schools have a T1 or less.  Cable has the potential of
    getting you 2Mb/sec or more.  I don't see many sploits because I have
    everything too tied down but I do see probes and I've seen a massive
    increase (I don't know numbers handy).  If anything it's worse in the
    summertime.

    My $.02,
      Justin

    On 6/27/01 1:11 PM sarnoldat_private said...

    --
    Justin Shore, ES-SS ES-SSR      Pittsburg State University
    Network & Systems Manager       Kelce 157Q

    Warning:  This message has been quadruple Rot13'ed for your protection.

    and tracking system please see:

    http://aris.securityfocus.com