Re: Printer exploit?

From: HyunWoo Lee (lotusat_private)
Date: Thu Jun 28 2001 - 21:49:20 PDT

    We've also noticed a sudden increase of tcp 515 port scan from 19th Jun.
    You can see a graph in the below link

        http://www.certcc.or.kr/statistics/rtsd/rtsd_scandetect.html

    One of the affector of this increase we've recently found is red worm.

    It scans 515 port intensively including bind and rpc.statd vulnerabilities also.

    The worm distributor site of this code(red.tar) is "go.163.com", it should be shutdown immediately.

    As time goes by, We are seeing some compromised hosts by this worm.

    We will issue incident note for this case. But sorry for korean version only. anyway check out our site a little later.

        http://www.certcc.or.kr/paper/paper-2.htm

    A short evidences to find this worm.

       Directory : /usr/lib/lib,
       Files : /usr/bin/kfm, /sbin/kfm, /usr/bin/td, /usr/bin/adore, etc.
       Related open ports : tcp 1522, tcp 39168

    Hope, It will help.

    Hyunwoo Lee / CCNA      E-mail : lotusat_private
    CERTCC-KR                   Web : http://www.certcc.or.kr

               Get Ready Against New Attack?