Re: Why would someone DoS a free-lance writer?

From: gabriel rosenkoetter (grat_private)
Date: Thu Jul 05 2001 - 22:40:54 PDT

    On Tue, Jul 03, 2001 at 09:17:19PM +0200, Markus Kern wrote:
    > 20 byte for each RST makes 10.2 byte/sec.
    > Not too much IMO.
    > Though I guess you'll get more packets on a faster connection because
    > the clients will try them first before bothering with the slow modem
    > users.

    Yeah, the problem is actually that the client in question has been
    claiming it was far faster than it actually was.

    (It was originally set up when the machine its running on lived on a
    1Mbit line.)

    So, if you too feel like you're being DoSed by gnutella traffic,
    change how fast you tell people you are. (Heck, lie your pants off
    if you really feel like scamming the system!)

    --
           ~ g r @ eclipsed.net

    and tracking system please see:

    http://aris.securityfocus.com