Abuse Complaint/Postmaster issue

From: Aaron Silver (asilverat_private)
Date: Fri Jul 06 2001 - 06:35:20 PDT

    Amer-

    Just to follow up on the ticket you forwarded to the abuse queue... Since the person sending that had included the abuse queue on each of his emails (as well as us having received other complaints about that IP as well) we had already initiated contact with the customer on Monday, and again yesterday. The end result is the machine was compromised, and our customer has taken steps to re-secure it.

    Aaron Silver
    Epoch Security Engineering

    and tracking system please see:

    http://aris.securityfocus.com