"Code Red" worm questions

From: w1re p4ir (w1rep4irat_private)
Date: Wed Jul 18 2001 - 08:43:59 PDT

    I've read practically everything about this worm that has been released. But there are a few questions that I have. First off, I know the first exploit was written by hsj and it used the offsets for the japanesse version of IIS. Now in this new worm, has the code been modified with US (or other) offsets to attack english versions? I have already had a call regarding a possible "break in attempt." with very little other information. I would like to be able to them either they are vulnerable to this worm or not. Thank you,
    w1re

    FREE Disinformation E-book - http://www.disinfo.com

    and tracking system please see:

    http://aris.securityfocus.com