Code Red

From: Alfred Huger (ahat_private)
Date: Tue Jul 31 2001 - 21:02:49 PDT

To follow up from my post earlier to the list, I recieved a deluge of
replies. If nothing else, this worm is costing people money in overtime
because the number of replies I got was a tad overwhelming.

To be brief, nothing much is happening. I am not going to caveat that with
'yet' because I am hoping that both this does not turn into a serious
event and that I do not have to eat crow for breakfast tommorow when I
haul myself out of bed. Of course, if our doomsayers are right and we are
all in for digital armegedon I may not be able to read my mail, which
might save my pride, for a while at least. Out of the responses I have
seen to date and they cover very large tracts of the net (two class A
responders and at least 5 or 6 class B's) no one is seeing anything worth
deep discussion. Hopefully this will not change.

I suspect tommorow morning the only annoyance we will all have is being
forced to suffer through watching folks who orchestrated the media blitz
today pat themselves on the back for a job well done. I could use this
forum to note that I am not convinced the 11th hour kicking and screaming
is what won the day. There is alot to be said there but I have no desire
to waste any more of your time or mine.

If tommorow when I wake up and if I am able to log in or for that matter
access the Internet *at all* I will mail an update. Please feel free to
send me any observations between now and then.

Cheers,
-al

VP Engineering
SecurityFocus.com