Re: Code Red, anyone?

From: Pat Wilson (pawat_private)
Date: Wed Aug 01 2001 - 07:46:27 PDT

    Joseph Nicholas Yarbrough <nyarbroughat_private> writes:

    	On Tuesday 31 July 2001 21:31, Alfred Huger wrote:
    	> Anyone seeing Code Red activity yet?

    	When I came in tonight at 1 am I was told that there was no code red activity
    	seen all night. Now (5:14EDT) I'm seeing dozens of connects per minute.

    Just to confirm - I've spotted an infestation here (only one so
    far; we blocked access to machines that had been infested on the
    19th and hadn't heard had been cleaned up).  This one even had
    the Chinese Web site...

    It's out there.

    Pat Wilson
    Network Security Manager
    UCSD ACS/Network Operations
    pawat_private
    6F3A AE75 F931 3A19 D207 19F3 DB9B 29DC 2C3F E015