Code Red Stats

From: Nicholas Bachmann (nbachmannat_private)
Date: Wed Aug 01 2001 - 15:51:16 PDT

    Hi all-

    I think I have found a formula to approximate the number of infected
    hosts.  My formula is

    ([(Number of Infected Hosts * Number CR Queries p/ Day) / Total IPs on
    the Internet ]^-1) / Average IP Requests p/ Host

    So what I would need to know to figure out the approximate number of
    infected hosts:
    *How many IPs CR can check in a day (Number CR Queries p/ Day)
    *Average Number of times people are checked during a set period,
    probably 5:00a-5:00p (Average IP Requests p/ Host)

    Does anyone see any big flaws in this (I know it isn't perfect) formula
    that would keep it from being within a reasonable margin of error?

    --
    		Regards,