Re: Possible method to prevent spread of CodeRed and other simila r wo rms

From: Sebastian Ip (9sckiat_private)
Date: Wed Aug 01 2001 - 20:12:23 PDT

    Not sure if you guys have seen it today but securityfocus had a nice write up
    about "hogwash". Basically a adaptation of snort into a packet scrubber to
    remove known attacks. They had a perfect test agaist the defcon people with a
    default install of redaht 6.2 using this scrubber to stop crackers.

    So prehaps we can all start using this. I know eeyes makes a similar product
    for IIS but this protects all servers. Pretty cool stuff!

    Cheers

    Sebastian Ip