Code Red capture tool

From: Stephen Friedl (friedlat_private)
Date: Wed Aug 01 2001 - 20:11:04 PDT

    This is probably a little late, but those that want to watch the worm
    while it wanders might care to use a little tool I've written.  Running on
    a Linux machine with an alias for every otherwise-unused IP address on
    a (small) block, it listens on port 80 and logs the source/destination
    and a bit of the URL fetched. Written in perl, it can be found with a
    small writeup at http://www.unixwiz.net/tools/websnarf.html

    On my /27 it's recording about 30 per hour.

    Steve

    Mod: dump this if too late to be interesting.

    ---
    Stephen J Friedl | Software Consultant | Tustin, CA |   +1 714 544-6561
    www.unixwiz.net  | I speak for me only |   KA8CMY   | steveat_private