Re: [klmtfsat_private: Your Online Greeting Awaits You!]

From: Brett Glass (brettat_private)
Date: Mon Aug 13 2001 - 12:15:02 PDT

    Dave Winer (see http://www.scriptingnews.com/) writes:

    "A particularly insidious kind of spam. It looks like a friend sent a
    greeting card. Click on the link and you go to a page where it says you
    need to upgrade in order to get the card. They walk you through the
    install process. Don't do it -- this puts code on your machine, certainly
    adware, maybe spyware, maybe worse. Now for experienced programmers this
    is pretty transparent, but what about less technical users. Oy what a
    mess. What does the future hold?"

    --Brett