backdoor in freebsd found..

From: Renee Teunissen (reneeat_private)
Date: Sat Aug 18 2001 - 05:25:45 PDT

    Hi,

    A few days ago I checked a clients machine for problems, sinds two
    userid's where added. After some seaching, a run of nmap
    I found TCP port 54 to be open and with lsof if found a small
    backdoor installed as /usr/bin/getty.

    So far as I can see it's just a simple backdoor, only connecting to it
    with netcat didnt give me what I tought I should get.
    Anyone any idears?
    I've put the "getty" on one of my boss' machines,
    it can be found on http://sms.pts.nl/renee/getty.gz (4KB).

    Strings gives me something that could be a userid or something
    like this. Anyone seen thisone before? And I think they got in
    using a faulty telnetd.

    Cheers,
    Renee.