Re: Weird Incoming IP's and port numbers.

From: West P. (god-adminat_private)
Date: Mon Aug 27 2001 - 18:52:10 PDT

    At the time of these connections there are a lot of requests to AIM and
    MSN's messanger services.  Two computers where running one of each.  These
    connections are probably to get the ad's and ticker news.

    So if the answer lies as a badly configured HTTP server farm wouldn't others
    be getting the same requests?  (Im sure there are other users that have the
    same setup using AIM and MSN)

    Another suggestion was that my NAT wasn't blocking it as it should.  If this
    is the case, how is the person connecting to me with 192.168.1.x address?
    Wouldn't it be their NAT that wasn't changing their internal IP back to
    their external IP?

    Since these last entries I have blocked all 192.168.1.x address except the
    ones I am using, and I distanced the IP's so they are not just 2, 3, and 4.
    I also haven't received any more requests.

    -West P.