Re: solaris lpd, KARMAPOLICE?

From: Ken K (kenat_private)
Date: Wed Aug 29 2001 - 13:22:22 PDT

    Considering that there's an exploit big enough to drive a truck through
    for LPD on Solaris, you might want to check to see if the version that
    you have is vulnerable.  LPD is really bad to run on the net and the
    recent vulnerability could be your problem.

    Hope you server was 1.) In a DMZ, 2.) Has tripwire and can tell you what
    changed.  Otherwise, I would be _very_ wary.

    You should consider some kind of authenticated tunnel or such.  Maybe
    stunnel will work for you on a high to deflect some of the risk.

    --Ken