Re: ssh scans

From: Heather Adkins (hadkinsat_private)
Date: Fri Sep 28 2001 - 14:04:09 PDT

    According to your banner, that host is an Arrowpoint (AKA a Cisco CSS)
    switch.

    Port 5001 is the default port for the Application Peering Protocol.  It
    allows switches to communicate to each other to share content information
    (like content rules).

    I highly doubt your switch has been compromised.

    -- Heather Adkins
    -- Security Engineer
    -- NOCpulse, INC.
    -- 408.541.2857