RE: FBI Virus Alerts

From: Kinsey, Robert (Robert.Kinseyat_private)
Date: Fri Sep 28 2001 - 15:47:30 PDT

    Your comments are all valid.  I would suggest you try to provide some of
    your expertise and help in any way you can.  I can say for a certainty that
    some of the agents at NIPC would greatly welcome any worthwhile information
    sent their way, especially with virus issues.

    Having until recently worked with NIPC, CIAC, CERT, and several other groups
    for virus response I feel it is necessary to clarify a small point.  Many of
    these government agencies rely on each other for their information.  I know
    CIAC *does* get some information from NIPC, et al, and vice versa.  They all
    share information amongst themselves.

    These offices, as many of ours, are trying like the dickens to keep up with
    all the information and sort out the valid details on the fly.  I also know
    that NIPC is trying to do its level best - we all are.  They take a
    tremendous degree of flack because they are the NIPC.  They like anyone else
    (even in this list) can make a "bad call" but they have to try and go with
    what they believe to the the right info - don't they?

    My .02

    Regards,