Re: fbi.gov weirdness?

From: Allen Smith (easmithat_private)
Date: Fri Oct 12 2001 - 12:48:55 PDT

    On Oct 11,  7:15pm, Ryan Tucker wrote:

    > On Thursday, October 11, 2001, at 06:41 , cg wrote:
    >
    > > Hi All,
    > >     I hope I'm posting this to the right list. I'm most likely just
    > > paranoid
    > > but is there something weird going on with the fbi.gov site?

    There's also something weird & virus-related going on with at least
    one .mil site, according to
    http://MAELSTROM.STJOHNS.EDU/CGI/wa.exe?A2=ind0110&L=cloaks&F=&S=&P=5940

    > > 1. The new warning that they put out was
    > > /pressrel/pressrel01/skyfall.htm
    > > 2. Then it was changed to /pressrel/pressrel01/101101.htm
    > > 3. So after seeing the first url change I tried to go back to
    > > skyfall.htm
    > > and I got a Not Found error with a
    > [...]
    >
    > Noticed that too.  skyfall.htm is... an interesting reference.

    Especially in the context of the rush to passage of the supposedly
    anti-terrorism "USA" act, yes.

    	-Allen

    --
    Allen Smith			easmithat_private
    September 11, 2001		A Day That Shall Live In Infamy II