Re: incident

From: hvdkooijat_private
Date: Wed Oct 17 2001 - 15:37:39 PDT

    On Wed, 17 Oct 2001, Silvex Security Team wrote:

    > A Sun E6500 had a problem with one of the system boards. After replacing the board the system was pretty unstable. Some things will work but others will not:

    Sounds a regular case of paranoia. If you had faulty hardware it is likely
    that the fault has damaged your filesystem as the machine was unreliable
    before the faulty hardware was exchanged.

    I would recon it is time to use the backup tape.

    Hugo.

    --
    All email send to me is bound to the rules described on my homepage.
        hvdkooijat_private		http://hvdkooij.xs4all.nl/