Odd traffic generated from Exchange Server

From: Caruso, Anthony J. (acarusoat_private)
Date: Wed Oct 24 2001 - 09:53:09 PDT

    Hi All:

    Outbound ACLs on my router has started picking up traffic originating from
    one of my Exchange boxes:

    Oct 23 10:12:18 router1 list 101 denied udp 10.1.1.1(2643) ->
    192.50.50.51(1046)

    The source port is usually different and the destination port oscillates
    between 1046 and 1171.  The traffic occurs about every 15 min in quick
    bursts (incremental source ports), I am running a sniff now.

    Any ideas?

    Exchange 5.5 Sp3, NT 4.0SP6a no additional patches.  Internal RFC 1918
    addressed Exchange server.

    I am putting out an altogether different fire right now, but I will post
    traces as I get more info.

    Thanks.
    -Tony