Re: Anonymous FTP annoyance

From: James (jameshat_private)
Date: Sat Dec 08 2001 - 22:55:57 PST

    > Also, now that I would like to clean this up, I find that I cannot
    > delete the folder "com1".  No ACL information is found in the properties
    > for the directory and it's not read-only.  Somehow the tool created a
    > "permanent" folder.
    >
    > What can be done to clean this up?

    You "might" be able to FTP in as administrator and delete it. The best way
    is to get the POSTIX
    utility rm.exe off the NT utilities disk. This will work. There are many
    rm.exe's out on the net, I found the NT disk one was the only one that
    worked for this situation.

    > Also, for those that may have ran into this before - has anything else
    > been found that should also be taken into consideration?

    Unless you are doing file integrity checking you have no idea what changes
    were made. Format.