Seen any DDoS coming from 208.184.109.166?

From: mixterat_private
Date: Fri Dec 14 2001 - 02:40:46 PST

    I'm trying to gather information about a DDoS attack
    against a private network that took place on the 13th
    from ca. 10:30 to 17:00 GMT. Most of the packets had
    an (apparently forged) source address of 208.184.109.166
    (abovenet). Bandwidth rates were in excess of several Gb/s.

    The victim is located in in middle asia and at least a
    substantial amount of the traffic was routed through from
    scandinavian backbones, especially FI-SE and KPNQwest,
    in the direction Nordunet. My guesses go in the direction
    that it was either a larger DoS network, or an attack
    from a couple of compromised routers.

    If you've seen any related activity yesterday going over
    your network, or perhaps even had a compromise and ddos
    installation on several servers in scandinavia in the
    last couple of days, I'd be very happy to hear about
    it, either on this list or in private.

    Thank you,

    Mixter

    Mixter