Re: MSIE may download and run progams automatically

From: Seth Leone (s1leoneat_private)
Date: Mon Dec 17 2001 - 13:53:11 PST

    Anyone else apply this hotfix and run into issues with
    restarting and/or Windows2000 dumps??.

    I've had a couple of people  test-install this on
    Window2000 SP2 w/ IE 6 and since the update have had
    nothing but problems.....???

    <<snipped for content>>
    > > The company was informed about the new variation
    > on November 27th and started working on a patch to
    > correct the flaw. The patch is now out and
    downloadable on Microsoft's site at

    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS01-058.asp

    > note that this patch does NOT show up if you click
    > on "Windows Update" in
    > the Start menu; you must go to the above URL to get
    > to the patch.
    >
    > users who treat Windows Update as their method for
    > verifying the state of
    > their system may be in for a suprise.
    <<snipped>>