Re: *MAJOR SECURITY BREACH AT CCBILL**

From: l0rtamus Prime (simonat_private)
Date: Wed Dec 19 2001 - 14:49:57 PST

    Also on this note:
    	Did you request permission to disclose this information from CBILL to
    this list?  I know that many companies prefer to deal with issues like
    this on their own and have their own controlled ways of disclosing
    information.

    	I am asking because I know of a site that has similar issues (not
    nearly as serious).  When I contacted the person responsible he flat out
    insulted me and accused me of trying to make money off of his
    vulnerability. (which is not the case at all.) When I asked him if he
    would like me to explain the issue he said "no" and hung up the phone.

    	The problem with his web site is a simple perl issue that any average
    perl programmer can figure out. Any advice on what I should do?  Should
    I post a full disclosure?

    I have tried to contact him, his ISP (verio) and other people but thus
    far have yet to speak to anyone reasonable.