RE: *MAJOR SECURITY BREACH AT CCBILL**

From: jlewisat_private
Date: Thu Dec 20 2001 - 05:30:01 PST

    On Thu, 20 Dec 2001 robhat_private wrote:

    > And they used telnet, ftp as well as ssh for doing that? The scary thing is
    > that people have credit card facilities on a machine accessible by telnet.
    > Obviously CCBILL's forte' is not security.

    The way CCBILL works, sites that use it redirect customers to a CCBILL web
    site for the actual credit card payment.  Then CCBILL updates the web
    server's passwd file on the appropriate customer system.  AFAIK, this part
    is done via CGI.

     Jon Lewis *jlewisat_private*|  I route
     Atlantic Net                |