RE: A new hack tool - tcp port 3139 ?

From: METE.EMINAGAOGLUat_private
Date: Fri Mar 15 2002 - 14:49:42 PST

    What about this one? A fresh news ... http://www.securiteam.com/tools/5WP08206KU.html

    <quote> The Reverse-WWW-Tunnel-Backdoor is proof-of-concept Perl program for the paper "Placing Backdoors through Firewalls". It allows communicating with a shell through firewalls and proxy servers by imitating web traffic. The master/slave relation is reversed; therefore no listening ports are used on the target machine. ........

    In that info, the source code is given. Perhaps the chosen random proxy port (in the code at that link it' s sampled as PROXY_PORT="3128"; ) was 3139, and the outsiders were the ones infected with this tool and was trying to get through our FW via port 3139...