Re: fun with posiden rootkit

From: Alvin Oga (alvin.secat_private-Consulting.com)
Date: Mon Mar 25 2002 - 13:44:56 PST

    hi olaf

    ifconfig could have just been replaced  with a text file
    tooo ... that when you reboot... the machine wont get online
    since ifconfig is not there to setup the network ??

    or more likely, as you say, they shot themself in the foot

    other anti-virus sw running on linux
    	http://www.Linux-Sec.net/Mail/#AntiVirus

    c ya
    alvin

    - sometimes checking failed script-kiddies can be entertaining if time
      permits to look around for any funny stuff