Re: fun with posiden rootkit

From: Skip Carter (skipat_private)
Date: Mon Mar 25 2002 - 14:48:10 PST

    > - sometimes checking failed script-kiddies can be entertaining if time
    >   permits to look around for any funny stuff

      I had one incident that I investigated for a client recently.

      It was the usual: gain entry, install rootkit, install password
      scanner, etc.  Except he did it in the wrong order, so that his
      password scanner caught his own connection back to his rootkit
      archive; so when I started my investigation I was able to log in
      to his archive and pick up his entire stash of tools.

    --
     Dr. Everett (Skip) Carter      Phone: 831-641-0645 FAX:  831-641-0647
     Taygeta Scientific Inc.        INTERNET: skipat_private