RE: Sendmail DOS ?

From: Hugo van der Kooij (hvdkooijat_private)
Date: Wed Mar 27 2002 - 13:43:27 PST

    On Wed, 27 Mar 2002, Steve Halligan wrote:

    > This is from the NetSaint (a host monitoring tool) mailing list today:
    >
    > "Has anyone found a good way to eleminate the "NOQUEUE" messages which
    > check_smtp produces in sendmail's logs?
    >
    > I took a look at the options for check_smtp and there was nothing there
    > which would allow me to send something to the machine to make it into a
    > non-null connect.
    >
    > Ideas?"

    The most common cause of these logging rules in my case is VA including
    sourceforge. Their servers do a probe to verify the sender does exist and
    that the given server also will take mail for the postmaster of that
    account.

    If they can not verify the sender they claim their mailserver will no
    accept the message.

    It could be that this behaviour is spreading.

    Hugo.

    --
    All email send to me is bound to the rules described on my homepage.
        hvdkooijat_private		http://hvdkooij.xs4all.nl/