Re: Unknown Hosts file

From: ePAc (epacat_private)
Date: Mon Apr 01 2002 - 17:32:27 PST

    Setting hosts to bogus/erroneous address is one way that anti add/popup
    work. Some of these, when installed, also install a integration plugin to
    allow a user to select an add and instruct the program to effectively
    "blackhole" the given website. Does that user have such a program
    installed ? (as a side note, most of those will leave their "custom host
    file" in there, even after uninstall...)

    ---
    Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiantly talented fool...
      oo
    ,(..)\
      ~~