Re: Redhat 6.2 Honeypot Hacked

From: Stephen Holcroft (stephen_holcroftat_private)
Date: Wed Apr 10 2002 - 23:38:47 PDT

    I've had a number of requests to make the disk
    images available, I will look into posting the disk
    images of further exploits on the main site, in the
    future:-

    http://www.lucidic.net/

    Thanks for all those that responded to my paper, I
    have had many emails from Romanians offering to
    translate the IRC bits.

    Best Regards,

    Steve

    Stephen Holcroft wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > My Redhat 6.2 server Honeypot was compromised
    > recently after just 26 minutes of being connected to
    > the internet, it was used as an IRC proxy for two
    > hours after being hacked.

    could you provide the disk images like in the honeynet
    project ? whilst
    your analysis looks very good, I like to practice my
    forensic skills ;o)

    On the same subject does any one else know of any
    disk images other than
    those distributed by the honey net project ? I really
    enjoyed looking
    through /  analyzing them.