compromised cisco

From: Thomas Springer (tuevat_private)
Date: Thu Apr 25 2002 - 04:08:46 PDT

    Obviously, one of our external cisco-devices with default-password set was
    compromised:

    	telnet cisco.customer.xx
    	Trying a.b.c.d...
    	Connected to a.b.c.d.
    	Escape character is '^]'.

    	Compromised
    	Please don't use default passwords

    	User Access Verification

    	Password:

    Anybody knows a script/scanner doing this stuff?
    I know tools like CScan, but none of them changes password and logon-message.
    And anybody has a clue about the password?? (it was, yeah, 'cisco' - but
    the hacker changed it...)

    Thomas Springer